Monday 12 January 2015

I’M NO LONGER A SLAVE TO SIN! - GOD IS GREATER THAN MY FAILURES – PART 3 OF 9


How did you answer the question, “I am a slave to sin.” ?
Let’s see what the Author of Life has to say on the subject:
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”  John 8:31-36
Yes, our fleshly body may feel like it’s a slave to sin but our fleshly body has no place in God’s family.  It will soon enough become topsoil!  But the ‘new you’, the ‘real you’, is free indeed!  
If you are ‘in Christ’ you have been SET FREE!  You [the real you] is no longer a slave to sin!
The best analogy I can give, one that has helped me comprehend this paradigm-shift-thinking, this understanding of the difference between the real me and this fleshly body, that wants to keep on sinning, is this:
I think of my fleshly body as a corpse the real me has to drag around in this life.  Sort of like a ball and chain.  If I let this corpse of a body get wet (by sinning) it begins to get heavy and starts to smell pretty awful.  On the other hand, if I endeavour to protect this body from sin, the load gets lighter and the foul odour seems to dissipate.  All of a sudden the flowers in God’s garden become a lot more fragrant, the sun shines brighter and I am at peace.
But, no, praise God, the new me, the ‘real me’ is not a slave to sin

No comments:

Post a Comment