Friday 16 January 2009

The atheists are coming! The atheists are coming!

Well, may be it had to happen sooner or later. Today, Canadian Press announced that the Toronto based Freethought Association of Canada hopes to copycat England's "THERE'S PROBABLY NO GOD - NOW STOP WORRYING AND ENJOY LIFE" campaign, starting in Toronto.

As one who has lived on both sides of the fence [I found God/God found me when I was 35], I can honestly say that joy of life pre God has no comparison to joy of life with God. One could by definition say that they are extremes of the greatest order. I can say this from the perspective of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately an atheist has not experienced God-given joy and, because he or she has not experienced it, denies any possibility of its existence.

As one visits other blogs concerning atheism and the existence of God I am continually amazed by the naive and illogical arguments of both Christians and atheists. It only goes to show that neither have conducted any real research and repeat irrational, spoon fed arguments. True [Biblical] Christians do have the advantage of having 'experienced' the Living God but many cannot rationally explain this, while atheists take the adamant position that God does not/cannot exist and will not even take the time or effort to conduct reasonable research into the possibility - they are willfully ignorant.

I find great satisfaction in that when we post our Bus Stop Bible Studies it is not our words or persuasive arguments that necessarily have impact of any significance, it is that the Spirit of God is behind His Words. As God himself says, "It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.." Isaiah 55:11 We regularly have the privilege of being witnesses to this truth.

1 comment:

  1. "I can say this from the perspective of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately an atheist has not experienced God-given joy and, because he or she has not experienced it, denies any possibility of its existence"

    I strongly disagree. Many atheists, myself included, were raised religious (whether it be Christian/Hindu/Muslim) and stopped believing after realizing how infantile and contradictory "faith" is.

    Furthermore, atheists are not joyless people. We find joy in the company of fellow creatures, in the knowledge science has produced, in the arts, in the excitement of discovery. It's possible to live a happy and (more) fulfilling life without a belief in a god.

    ReplyDelete